CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Making Progress

It's been three weeks since my crash and I thought a brief update wuld be in order. I had my first follow-up visit with the doctor last Tuesday. He looked at the xrays and said things were looking good. I have 2 very cool screws and a neat metal plate in there! He said the bone had not moved which is a good. And although I have another 5 weeks on the crutches with no weight bearing on my hip, I did get the okay to begin some exercises to help restrenghten my hip flexors, and abductor muscles. He even told me that I could begin a stationary bike, peddling with the left leg and allowing the right to just turn to reintroduce that motion. YeeHaa! He also removed the staples in the incisions. Anyway, I am doing well thanks to my wonderful family and great supportive friends. I love you all.

2 comments:

Starnes fam

http://nsstarnesfam.blogspot.com/ Here is where our blog is now...I changed it.

Kris Olson

Glad to hear you are making progress. Hope things are even better now.