CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ok Where did 2010 go?






I keep losing months and even years. I need to get it together. As for my activities, I spent the winter skiing, and the summer getting ready to row the Grand Canyon. The trip done the Grand was the most significant of my experiences. Ric was able to go with me the first week. We experienced my first flip at Indian Dick. It was not a big rapid but it schooled me to treat each rapid with respect. Some of them deserved a lot of respect.....really big waves. I loved the beautiful landscape and saw some of the most beautiful places I have ever been. One of my favorites was Thunder River...a creek that explodes out of a red sandstone cliff wall. The water is clear and cold. It was a treat because it was really hot! I loved the falls along the way and Havasupi was incredible.

1 comments:

Geoff

Awesome. I'd love to get back on the Canyon. It's been almost 6 years, and I still think about it regularly....

Kim and I are talking about a raft if you see any good deals. 13-14 foot with an oar frame..