CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fossil Hunting Trip




I volunteered to be the Fed Express for my sister. She bought a huge painting from Emily and couldn't get it in her car. It barely fit in mine. I drove up with Kelsey (she and Logan had come down to help us lay sod). I stayed the night with Kelsey and Logan on Sunday night. I got to Suzan's and delivered the painting. She and I went shopping and did some reading. On Tuesday morning, Skip, Suzan and I headed out to go fossil hunting in eastern Montana. I love the wide open spaces on the praries there. We stopped at one place and I found dinosaur bones, turtle shells and some teeth. We drove off the road and set up camp about 6pm. We had a nice dinner of soup, cheese, and crackers. The sunset was great and the weather was warm. Unfortunately, the next morning it began to sprinkle. The roads there are bentonite clay so if it rains they get slick and stick to everything. You can get stuck forever there. We hurried up and broke camp. Once we got off the dirt roads, it began to pour. We were glad we had not waited it out. Although I was sorry not to get to do another day of fossil hunting, it was nice to drive around such beautiful country. I had a great time and have a few cool fossils.

0 comments: