CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Love, My Life, My Lee

From the first time I met Lee, I knew she could be the girl for me. In fact after our first date, I told my room mate that " I went our with this girl today and I think I could marry her!" A very short 3 weeks later could became must. I knew from the moment I knew that we should be together. And now, 32 years later we are still blazing trails with one another. Lee has made so much out of me! She gives me purpose, direction, confidence, humor, laughter, support, and her love. One of the things I have always appreciated about her is her love of learning. She has a great mind and thankfully our children have been blessed that their Mother was such the driving force of education in our home. I am so impressed with how she thinks. I often tell her she should run for public office because she has much better ideas on how to fix the issues than the ones who are supposed to be doing it! I am sure I have told my children and my children through marriage( BTW I really hate to refer to you as son's and daughters in law! I think the eternal nature of our family takes the in-law out of the equation) that their spouse should be their best friend in life. Lee is certainly mine. So my love, my life, my Lee here's to another 32 years of rivers, oceans, mountains, bikes, boats, and anything else we can find to keep us going together. I love you forever.

4 comments:

Geoff

That made me teary eyed. I'm a sap. Rick, we've only met a few times, but I've spent quite a bit of time with Lee, and you are indeed a lucky guy! Always a pleasure to be around.

Geoff

Ric, Sorry I misspelled your name!

Starnes fam

Ahhhh....so sweet. Happy Birthday! We love you!

Lee Starnes

Thanks Ric...you are the best thing I have going for me. I love you always.