CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Staying busy in Winter












At the Aquarium of the Pacific Ric skiiing
Suzan and Skip at Balboa Coronado Island
Harold and I kayaking

I have been keeping busy with skiing and a trip to San Diego. I took off at the pleas of sister to come hang out with her in California. Her husband, Skip, is doing consulting down there and they are staying in a condo on the beach in Del Mar. Suzan hated being on her own so I drove down for some tourist fun. We did a nature cruise out to the Coronado Islands to see whale, sea lions and dolphins. We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific with my brother Brent's family and stopped in at the Orange County swap meet. We shopped, had lunch at a real mexican food restaurant with my sister in law Marisa and walked on the beach. I even got to go kayaking with my good paddling buddy Harold who taught me how to kayak. Skip, Suzan and I went to Balboa Park and went to the art museum, natural history museum and science museum. We had a great lunch there and the trees were actually blooming. Suzan and I visited our aunt and saw a little of Fallbrooke. It was great to be with my sister who is an amazing person even if driving in California freaks her out. (I was the Chauffeur while there.) While driving there and back, I was able to stop and visit my other brother Brian in Vegas. Becky, his wife, is a wonderful friend as well as sister in law and we had a nice lunch and shopping trip. It was nice to have a break from the snow, but this winter has been good so I am not sad to be home. Friday I went skiing with Justin my super son in law (Ashley had to get kids off to a birthday party) and Saturday I skiied with Ric. It was a beautiful sunny day with some great runs. Not a bad month!!

1 comments:

Starnes fam

California sounded incredible! How nice to get away from the snow for a little while! Glad you had a fun time!